/ Practice areas
Food & Beverage Industry
Through its multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled lawyers, STOICA & Asociații provides to clients – food & beverage manufacturers, national and international companies – legal advice, assistance and representation in a wide range of contentious and non-contentious issues, in intellectual property law matters, administrative and fiscal law, or competition law issues.
In this dynamic economic sector, STOICA & Asociații offers its clients consultancy, assistance and legal representation in a very wide range of contentious and non-contentious issues, in matters of intellectual property law, administrative and fiscal law, or competition law.
- drafting and amending of various types of intellectual property related agreements: licensing or assignment arrangements;
- representation during administrative/contentious proceedings before OSIM (Romania’s State Office for Inventions and Trademarks) and the competent courts in cases concerning the registration and protection of intellectual property rights: oppositions, infringements, cancellation or annulment/revocation claims, claims for the suspension of the commercial exploitation of a potentially infringing product, etc.;
- assistance relating to the protection of intellectual property rights and strategic management of intellectual property right portfolios;
- preparing long-term strategies in relation to intellectual property litigations and in case of crimes specific to this area of law.
Administrative and Fiscal Law
STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance to companies with regard to market access, but also tax matters, in particular customs duties and the creation of a protection mechanism for the purpose of protecting intellectual property rights against various breaches by unfair competitors.
STOICA & Asociații provides assistance and representation to companies before competent authorities and courts of law, in unfair competition litigations.
STOICA & Asociații provides to clients legal assistance in all regulatory matters, particularly in liaising with the competent authorities: the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the National Authority for Sanitary, Veterinary and Food Safety and other authorities in the food safety field. As regards food manufacturing, STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance in matters such as labeling and packaging, sanitary and veterinary clearance for intra-community export/trade in compliance with the relevant regulations.
STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance and representation before the competent competition authorities investigating anti-competitive practices. In addition, the lawyers specialized in competition law from STOICA & Asociații conduct competition audits and corporate compliance programs for mergers and acquisition projects, joint-ventures, distribution structures, commercial agreements, pricing policies raising competition law issues.
- Assisting and representing an important food producer in a litigation having as object the claims deriving from the termination of a contract regarding the construction of a bio gas producing facility
- Assisting and representing a top player on the international market of dairy products in a series of litigations regarding the cancellation of the misleading trademark and the industrial design registered by one of its main competitors
- Assisting and representing a major Romanian mineral water producer in connection with, inter alia, a claim filed by a competitor regarding alleged misleading and comparative advertising
- Assisting and representing a major Romanian bank in the reorganization procedure of two companies part of a company specializing in milk and dairy products
- Assisting a major Romanian bank in the reorganization procedure of a major producer of edible oil products
- Representing a major Romanian company in connection with the annulment of a concession agreement over an agricultural land
- Advising a major Spanish company in the acquisition of the majority stake from the Romanian State in a state owned company active in the food industry
- Advising a major international food company with regard to the effects of the privatization process of a Romanian target company
- Assisting and representing a major chewing gum producer and his distributors in the claim for the cancellation of the Competition Council decision regarding a vertical monopolistic understanding in the chewing gum market