/ Practice areas
Food & Beverage Industry
Through its multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled lawyers, STOICA & Asociații provides to clients – food & beverage manufacturers, national and international companies – legal advice, assistance and representation in a wide range of contentious and non-contentious issues, in intellectual property law matters, administrative and fiscal law, or competition law issues.
In this dynamic economic sector, STOICA & Asociații offers its clients consultancy, assistance and legal representation in a very wide range of contentious and non-contentious issues, in matters of intellectual property law, administrative and fiscal law, or competition law.
- drafting and amending of various types of intellectual property related agreements: licensing or assignment arrangements;
- representation during administrative/contentious proceedings before OSIM (Romania’s State Office for Inventions and Trademarks) and the competent courts in cases concerning the registration and protection of intellectual property rights: oppositions, infringements, cancellation or annulment/revocation claims, claims for the suspension of the commercial exploitation of a potentially infringing product, etc.;
- assistance relating to the protection of intellectual property rights and strategic management of intellectual property right portfolios;
- preparing long-term strategies in relation to intellectual property litigations and in case of crimes specific to this area of law.
Administrative and Fiscal Law
STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance to companies with regard to market access, but also tax matters, in particular customs duties and the creation of a protection mechanism for the purpose of protecting intellectual property rights against various breaches by unfair competitors.
STOICA & Asociații provides assistance and representation to companies before competent authorities and courts of law, in unfair competition litigations.
STOICA & Asociații provides to clients legal assistance in all regulatory matters, particularly in liaising with the competent authorities: the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the National Authority for Sanitary, Veterinary and Food Safety and other authorities in the food safety field. As regards food manufacturing, STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance in matters such as labeling and packaging, sanitary and veterinary clearance for intra-community export/trade in compliance with the relevant regulations.
STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance and representation before the competent competition authorities investigating anti-competitive practices. In addition, the lawyers specialized in competition law from STOICA & Asociații conduct competition audits and corporate compliance programs for mergers and acquisition projects, joint-ventures, distribution structures, commercial agreements, pricing policies raising competition law issues.
- Assisting and representing an important food producer in a litigation having as object the claims deriving from the termination of a contract regarding the construction of a bio gas producing facility
- Assisting and representing a top player on the international market of dairy products in a series of litigations regarding the cancellation of the misleading trademark and the industrial design registered by one of its main competitors
- Assisting and representing a major Romanian mineral water producer in connection with, inter alia, a claim filed by a competitor regarding alleged misleading and comparative advertising
- Assisting and representing a major Romanian bank in the reorganization procedure of two companies part of a company specializing in milk and dairy products
- Assisting a major Romanian bank in the reorganization procedure of a major producer of edible oil products
- Representing a major Romanian company in connection with the annulment of a concession agreement over an agricultural land
- Advising a major Spanish company in the acquisition of the majority stake from the Romanian State in a state owned company active in the food industry
- Advising a major international food company with regard to the effects of the privatization process of a Romanian target company
- Assisting and representing a major chewing gum producer and his distributors in the claim for the cancellation of the Competition Council decision regarding a vertical monopolistic understanding in the chewing gum market
Legal 500, 2021 edition
STOICA & Asociații – Attorneys at Law has a top-notch reputation for civil and administrative litigation as well as international arbitration. The firm's varied client base, including public and private sector clients of all sizes, means its lawyers have strong expertise across a range of dispute types and sectors.
STOICA & Asociații offers to the clients advisory, assistance and representation services in litigations in the following practice areas and economic sectors:
Chambers Europe, 2021 edition
Well-regarded dispute resolution practice representing both domestic and international clients in criminal and civil litigation, as well as arbitration. Experienced in handling contentious cases from a variety of sectors, including construction, telecoms, pharmaceutical and financial services.