/ Practice areas
Administrative, Tax Law & Constitutional Contentious Matters
The lawyers from STOICA & Asociații provide assistance and representation to large and medium-sized companies, state or privately owned businesses operating in all major economic sectors – industry, retail, financial services, energy and natural resources – in relationship to structuring of transactions from a fiscal perspective, providing operational tax advice, undertaking tax due-diligence appraisal, fiscal disputes with the competent authorities and any other administrative-fiscal matter.
The expertise of STOICA & Asociații is attested by the complex cases successfully finalized in court or before public authorities, in matters relating to corporate tax, value-added tax, excise duties or any other contributions to the national budget, or in respect of tax investigations.
- Drafting a legal opinion as legal expert, in the appeal phase, to support the arguments of illegality invoked by one of the parliamentary political parties against the municipality of Bucharest
- Application against the refusal to preserve the right of a telecom operator to extend some licenses for the use of radio frequencies
- Representing the biggest construction bank in Romania in challenging the decisions issued by the Court of Auditors regarding the application in Romania of the legislation regulating the savings and credit operations for construction projects subsidised by the Romanian State
- Assisting and representing one of the biggest telecom operators in Romania in a litigation initiated by the National Consumer Protection Authority - ANPC- which refers to alleged abusive clauses
- Representing and assisting an important producer of cosmetic products in fiscal-administrative procedures and in two litigations arisen from the decision of the Romanian Customs Authority to impose additional custom taxes derived from levies and bonuses awarded to the exporting company
- Assisting and representing various major pharmaceutical companies regarding the suspending or annulment of the notifications issued by the National Health Insurance Organisation pertaining to the computation of the clawback tax
- Assisting and representing the client in a series of complex litigations against the National Authority for Consumers Protection - ANPC-, in relation to the application of fines and stopping the increase of the fees applicable to telecom subscriptions
- Representing a major provider for electronic communication infrastructure in connection with various important administrative dispute resolution matters, aimed to preserve the integrity of the financial and technical terms and conditions included in a concession contract entered by the client and the local authority
- Representing a major Romanian mobile electronic communication provider in a complex dispute with the Romanian fiscal authorities for the purpose of cancelling certain fiscal control decisions with considerable financial impact
- Assisting and representing of an administrative structure in disputes having as as object the annulment of all administrative acts issued by the client for the construction of an ecological landfill
- Representing and assisting of an important international FMGC company in fiscal litigations regarding custom duties for raw materials and in connection with the form for the mandatory tariff information
- Representing and assisting the client in a litigation case with regard to the annulment of the application form for Binding Tariff Information in connection with the tariff classification of an imported product
- Representing and assisting of individual enterprises in litigations in connection with the annulment of the decisions issued by the Agency for Rural Investments with regard to the termination of the financing contracts with European funds
- Assisting and representing of an important non-alcoholic beverage producer in a fiscal litigation derived from a fiscal control of some commercial operations
- Assisting and representing in court of a subsidiary of a multinational company regarding custom duties
- Assisting and representing in court and in front of public authority of multinational companies for the excise duties requested by the authorities for the importation of certain goods
- Advising multinational companies, with legal issues regarding income taxes, social contributions, implementation of double tax treaties in Romania, corporate tax matters
Legal 500, 2022 edition
STOICA & Asociatii – Attorneys at Law ‘continues to excel‘ in dispute resolution, which remains the firm’s core focus. The practice stands out for its capacity to handle large portfolios of volume litigation as well as major, individual, bet-the-company claims and high-value international arbitrations.