/ Practice areas
Domestic & International Arbitration
STOICA & Asociații has an excellent reputation in domestic and international arbitration procedures.
The lawyers from STOICA & Asociații provide legal assistance and representation to an impressive number of clients, national and multinational companies active in various economic sectors – industry, retail, financial services, pharmaceutical industry, energy and natural resources, etc. – in domestic arbitration cases settled by the Arbitration Court attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania or the Arbitration Chamber of the Bucharest Stock Exchange or in international arbitration procedures performed in English or French, in accordance with ICC, UNCITRAL or ICSID rules.
Moreover, it provides legal assistance and representation in internal arbitrations resolved by the Court of Arbitration at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania, or in international arbitrations, conducted in French or English, according to ICC, UNCITRAL or ICSID rules. The lawyers from STOICA & Asociații provide assistance before the courts in actions in the annulment of arbitral awards or in the recognition or enforcement of foreign arbitral awards.
- Assisting and representing a client in a transport infrastructure arbitration before the International Commercial Court of Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania
- Assisting and representing the client before the International Commercial Court of Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania and in front of the Romanian Courts, in disputes related to a joint venture agreement
- Representing a major contractor in an arbitration before Court of International Commercial Arbitration seated from Bucharest in connection with a contractual dispute against a local public company, regarding an important FIDIC contract
- Assisting and representing a major steel company before ICC Paris, in a dispute against the Authority for the Management of State Assets, in an arbitral dispute in connection with the execution of the privatization contract, object estimated at approximately USD 994 mil.
- Assisting and representing before ICC Paris of an important Romanian energy company, in two international arbitration proceedings related to the obligations assumed by the privatization contract and, respectively, in connection with the exercise of a buying options
- Delivering a legal expert opinion for a global supplier of electro-mechanical systems and services for hydropower plants in connection with the possibility of applying the Romanian insolvency procedure’s rules in an international arbitration
- Assisting and representing a contracting party in an arbitration of transport infrastructure before the International Commercial Arbitration Court attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania
- Assisting and representing of an important real estate developer in domestic and international arbitrations in connection with the non-performance of lease contracts
- Assisting and representing a major Romanian national company in front of ICC Paris in an arbitration regarding the non-implementation of an electronic system for the handling of fiscal data
- Assisting and representing an important real estate company in an international commercial arbitration under ICC rules in real estate litigation amounting to approx. EUR 25 mil., in connection with the joint-venture contract for the development of an important real estate project in Bucharest
Legal 500, 2021 edition
STOICA & Asociații – Attorneys at Law has a top-notch reputation for civil and administrative litigation as well as international arbitration. The firm's varied client base, including public and private sector clients of all sizes, means its lawyers have strong expertise across a range of dispute types and sectors.
STOICA & Asociații offers to the clients advisory, assistance and representation services in litigations in the following practice areas and economic sectors:
Chambers Europe, 2021 edition
Well-regarded dispute resolution practice representing both domestic and international clients in criminal and civil litigation, as well as arbitration. Experienced in handling contentious cases from a variety of sectors, including construction, telecoms, pharmaceutical and financial services.