/ Practice areas
STOICA & Asociații offers to manufacturers and importers of motor vehicles, car equipment and/or components legal advice, assistance and representation in intellectual property law, administrative and fiscal law, competition law or consumer protection matters.
- negotiating, preparing and amending various types of agreements: shipping, insurance agreements for goods or persons, etc.;
- advice in procuring specific transport licenses/certificates, as well as professional certifications;
- legal assistance and representation of transport operators in litigations in connection with the improper performance or non-performance of transport agreements, in case of seizures of maritime ships and detention thereof (arrest), in cases where cargo is contaminated or the time allowed for loading/unloading has expired;
- legal advice with regard to purchasing, selling or leasing the transportation means;
- legal assistance and representation in challenges against contravention reports;
- legal assistance and representation before governmental authorities, in case of road/railway/maritime accidents;
- legal assistance and representation in relation to boarding, shipwreck, pollution, breakdown, salvage, hauling in case of fires and explosions, wreck removal and other types of maritime loss and ship incidents.
- Assisting and representing a major car producer in various product liability litigations
- Assisting and representing one of the largest truck dealers in Romania in a litigation regarding damage claims of EUR 25 mil. arising from the unilateral termination of various distribution contracts
- Assisting and representing a major truck manufacturer in connection with the counterfeiting of one of its trademarks and the infringement of its trade name
- Assisting and representing a major truck producer in connection with a counterfeit claim, an unfair competition claim and a criminal claim filed against another competitor from the Romanian market