/ Practice areas
STOICA & Asociații offers to manufacturers and importers of motor vehicles, car equipment and/or components legal advice, assistance and representation in intellectual property law, administrative and fiscal law, competition law or consumer protection matters.
- negotiating, preparing and amending various types of agreements: shipping, insurance agreements for goods or persons, etc.;
- advice in procuring specific transport licenses/certificates, as well as professional certifications;
- legal assistance and representation of transport operators in litigations in connection with the improper performance or non-performance of transport agreements, in case of seizures of maritime ships and detention thereof (arrest), in cases where cargo is contaminated or the time allowed for loading/unloading has expired;
- legal advice with regard to purchasing, selling or leasing the transportation means;
- legal assistance and representation in challenges against contravention reports;
- legal assistance and representation before governmental authorities, in case of road/railway/maritime accidents;
- legal assistance and representation in relation to boarding, shipwreck, pollution, breakdown, salvage, hauling in case of fires and explosions, wreck removal and other types of maritime loss and ship incidents.
- Assisting and representing a major car producer in various product liability litigations
- Assisting and representing one of the largest truck dealers in Romania in a litigation regarding damage claims of EUR 25 mil. arising from the unilateral termination of various distribution contracts
- Assisting and representing a major truck manufacturer in connection with the counterfeiting of one of its trademarks and the infringement of its trade name
- Assisting and representing a major truck producer in connection with a counterfeit claim, an unfair competition claim and a criminal claim filed against another competitor from the Romanian market
Legal 500, 2021 edition
STOICA & Asociații – Attorneys at Law has a top-notch reputation for civil and administrative litigation as well as international arbitration. The firm's varied client base, including public and private sector clients of all sizes, means its lawyers have strong expertise across a range of dispute types and sectors.
STOICA & Asociații offers to the clients advisory, assistance and representation services in litigations in the following practice areas and economic sectors:
Chambers Europe, 2021 edition
Well-regarded dispute resolution practice representing both domestic and international clients in criminal and civil litigation, as well as arbitration. Experienced in handling contentious cases from a variety of sectors, including construction, telecoms, pharmaceutical and financial services.