/ Practice areas
Banking, Insurance, Capital Markets & Financing
- structuring complex projects: mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures, privatisations, NPL’s restructuring, transactions with credit portfolios, credit recovery, loans and other credit facilities;
- performing day-to-day operations: factoring, forfeiting, hedging agreements, transactions with derivatives.
- performing the procedures and drafting the documents in connection with the listing/delisting of companies to/from the Bucharest Stock Exchange;
- capital markets operations: setting up and performing IPOs, bond issuance, operations with derivatives;
- acquisition projects performed through capital markets.
- Advising and delivering legal opinions to various major local banks in connection to a series of collective action claims initiated by the banks’ clients with regard to challenging of alleged abusive clauses contained in the credit contracts
- Assisting and representing the buyer of the majority stake in a company listed on the Romanian stock exchange in the revision claim against the final decision issued in the file whose subject is the action filed by the seller by which the latter requested the cancellation of the transaction
- Assisting and representing major Romanian banks in collective damages claims launched by the National Authority for Consumers Protection in a consortium litis with the bank’s customers, aiming at the renegociation of the credit contracts denominated in CHF and the agreement of fixing a rate exchange frozen at the 2007 -2008 level
- Assisting and representing one of the largest Romanian banks in relation to its entire portfolio of civil and commercial litigations spread out over half of the country, including enforcement, insolvency and consumer protection disputes
- Assisting and representing a well-known bank with respect to a claim based on an alleged breach of contract, filed with the Romanian courts by a large state-owned company
- Legal assistance and representation in the merger procedure between two banking companies;
- Legal assistance and representation in a litigation package having as object the claims made by the shareholders who have submitted withdrawal requests following the merger procedure
- Assisting and representing the biggest Romanian bank in connection with a series of litigations generated by the revoking of a general director from his management position, who had previously held this position in the bank taken over by the client
- Assisting and representing a major Romanian retirement fund in a dispute against the Romania’s Financial Supervisory Authority with regard to a fine applied in connection with an alleged violation of the law regulating the retirement funds
- Advising an international financial institution in connection with the granting of a EUR 56 mil. syndicated loan to a Romanian distributor of construction materials
- Advising an international financial institution in connection with the granting of a USD 30 mil. loan to a Romanian non-banking institution
- Advised as external independent counsel a major Romanian bank in connection with finance transactions concluded with the Council of Europe Development Bank and European Investment Bank, respectively
Legal 500, 2021 edition
STOICA & Asociații – Attorneys at Law has a top-notch reputation for civil and administrative litigation as well as international arbitration. The firm's varied client base, including public and private sector clients of all sizes, means its lawyers have strong expertise across a range of dispute types and sectors.
STOICA & Asociații offers to the clients advisory, assistance and representation services in litigations in the following practice areas and economic sectors:
Chambers Europe, 2021 edition
Well-regarded dispute resolution practice representing both domestic and international clients in criminal and civil litigation, as well as arbitration. Experienced in handling contentious cases from a variety of sectors, including construction, telecoms, pharmaceutical and financial services.