/ Practice areas
The attorneys from STOICA & Asociații enjoy an excellent reputation in civil law practice, based on the successful track record they have built in the most complex cases, which is confirmed by the permanent position of the law firm in the top tier of the international legal guides.
STOICA & Asociații provides advisory services and assistance and representation both to national or multinational companies, active in various industries, and to individuals.
Real Estate. Cadastre and Land Registration
STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance to companies and individuals in a variety of real estate projects – office buildings, residential complexes, industrial buildings – by performing due-diligence analysis, by negotiating, drafting and reviewing the legal, urbanism, cadastre and land book related documents, necessary for finalizing the transactions, such as FIDIC contracts, sale, superficies, usufruct, land lease, contractor, lease agreements.
STOICA & Asociații provides assistance and representation in the litigations arising from the above-mentioned projects, as well as in litigations with regard to the restitution of confiscated real estate properties.
Moreover, STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance with regard to immovable property publicity and land book matters, in front of the cadastre and land book offices and the courts of law.
- in all types of family related cases: legal proceedings and amiable settlement (mediation), i.e divorce, parental authority, matrimonial regimes (prenuptial agreements, partition of assets), filiation;
- in complex, cross-border cases: divorce, adoption, international child abduction.
STOICA & Asociații advises clients – companies, financial institutions, public authorities – with regard to the negotiating, drafting and amending of all types of contracts concluded in their activity: sale contracts, lease, loan, distribution, mandate, contractor, pledge, commission, deposit, expedition, supply, donation, sponsorship, leasing, joint-venture, insurance, agency, and publicity contracts.
STOICA & Asociații’s lawyers provide legal assistance and representation in front of all courts of law or arbitral courts, as well as before the competent administrative authorities in cases related to the conclusion and implementation of such contracts.
STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance in notarial and judicial proceedings to the clients, individuals and/or legal entities, as creditors, in matters involving the determination of inheritance rights and the partition of assets.
The lawyers from STOICA & Asociații render assistance and representation in front of all courts of law, but also before the competent administrative authorities, in tort matters arising from malpractice, traffic accidents, work-related accidents, criminal offences, etc.
STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance in connection with creating of security interests over personal property or real estate and with fulfilling of the legal formalities with regard to the publicity and enforcement of such securities.
Private International Law
- establishing the competent court to settle cross-border disputes;
- establishing the governing law;
- recognizing and enforcing in Romania the foreign courts’ rules and the arbitral awards, as well as recognizing and enforcing in the EU Member States the decisions issued by the Romanian courts.
- Legal assistance and representation of a major mineral water producer in the dispute concerning the application for annulment of its trademarks on the ground of bad faith registration
- Assisting a major local asset management services provider in establishing its trademark defense strategy
- Representing and assisting of one of the most important mineral water producers in litigations regarding alleged infringing of a community trademark concerning the shape of a bottle belonging to a competitor
- Legal assistance and representation of a research institute before the courts of law and in the opposition proceedings before the Romanian State Office for Inventions and Trademarks partaining to its trademarks
- Assisting and representing a producer of professional beauty products protected by EU registered trademarks in the preliminary injunction proceedings against various counterfeiters
- Assisting and representing a leading player in the international dairy market in a series of disputes concerning the cancellation of misleading trademarks, registered by one of its main competitors
- Legal assistance to multinational companies in litigations concerning infringements of EU law regarding trademark, industrial design and copyright
- Legal assistance granted to multinational companies in litigation concerning actions for annulment of industrial property titles, as well as assistance in proceedings before the Romanian State Office for Inventions and Trademarks - OSIM - for the registration of industrial property issues
- Legal assistance to multinational companies in disputes concerning unfair competition by similar trademarks, as well as in disputes relating to confidentiality agreements, assignment or licensing agreements, or defamation claims triggered by plagiarism accusations
- Legal assistance and representation of one of the most important banking institutions in Romania in litigations regarding the counterfeiting and annulment of a patent, having as object a solution for securing the ATM type devices
- Assisting and representing the biggest retailer in Romania in connection with the faire remuneration of the auxiliary rights
- Assisting and representing the biggest steel producer from Romania in a criminal case with regard to the infringement of a patent right
- Assisting a major player from the pharmaceutical market in setting and implementing an administrative and judiciary strategy aimed at protecting its patent portfolio
- Assisting and representing a top player on the international market of dairy products in a claim for damages amounting to EUR 800,000 filed against a competitor infringing its patent
Legal 500, 2021 edition
STOICA & Asociații – Attorneys at Law has a top-notch reputation for civil and administrative litigation as well as international arbitration. The firm's varied client base, including public and private sector clients of all sizes, means its lawyers have strong expertise across a range of dispute types and sectors.
STOICA & Asociații offers to the clients advisory, assistance and representation services in litigations in the following practice areas and economic sectors:
Chambers Europe, 2021 edition
Well-regarded dispute resolution practice representing both domestic and international clients in criminal and civil litigation, as well as arbitration. Experienced in handling contentious cases from a variety of sectors, including construction, telecoms, pharmaceutical and financial services.