/ Practice areas
STOICA & Asociații achieved an outstanding expertise in corporate law by providing legal assistance to large and medium-sized businesses, State- or privately-owned companies active in all economic sectors, in procedures with regard to company set-up, amendment of constitutive acts, mergers and acquisitions, dissolution, liquidation and to day-to-day corporate activities.
STOICA & Asociații lawyers provide clients with legal assistance in connection with all the procedures for setting up and amending the articles of incorporation, in terms of mergers and acquisitions, dissolution and liquidation, as well as in any current corporate activities.
STOICA & Asociații provides legal assistance and representation in all stages of company’s set-up procedure, in electing the type of company suitable for the purpose of that undertaking, obtaining the necessary permits and authorizations, drafting of all constitutive acts, including management, loan and shareholders’ agreements.
Amending of Constitutive Acts
Legal assistance is provided to companies in relation to all the procedures aimed at amending the corporate structure – shareholders, administrators, directors, share capital, etc. – as set forth in the company’s articles of incorporation or other shareholders’ agreements.
Day-to-day Corporate Activities
In all day-to-day business operations, STOICA & Asociații’s lawyers provide legal assistance with a view to ensuring compliance with the legal provisions governing the decision-making process, drafting of documents and obtaining of operating licenses, authorizations and permits.
Dissolution and Liquidation
STOICA & Asociații advises companies in the legal procedures in connection with dissolution, liquidation and winding-off of companies from the Trade Registry.
Mergers and Acquisitions
STOICA & Asociații has constantly developed this area of practice, by successfully finalizing numerous cross-border or local projects, on behalf of either the acquirer or the seller, in a wide range of economic sectors – energy and natural resources, retail, publicity, industrial production. In this area of practice, the attorneys of STOICA & Asociații perform due diligence appraisals of the relevant legal issues, with regard to negotiating, drafting and implementation of the sale agreement.
- Legal assistance and representation in the merger procedure between two banking companies
- Legal assistance and representation in a litigation package having as object the claims made by the shareholders who have submitted withdrawal requests following the merger procedure
- Assisting and representing natural persons in connection with litigation cases arising from conflicts between shareholders and directors in various companies pertaining to a major holding from the food & beverage industry in Romania
- Advised one of the largest waste disposal businesses in Central East Europe with respect to the divestiture of its Romanian based affiliate
- Assisting a Norwegian based exhibition and experience design consultancy group of companies in the winding up of its Romanian affiliate
- Registration of a real estate asset as share capital and as a property for a gas and oil company
- Assistance of an international medical imagistic group in developing its network in Romania
- Assisting a major international confectionary producer in restructuring its European operations following the merger with a top worldwide player in this economic sector
- Assisting a top international electronics producer in restructuring its European operations
- Advising a major international manufacturer and marketer of home appliances in the acquisition of the Romanian manufacturer of refrigerators