/ Practice areas
STOICA & Asociații provides assistance and representation of companies – in particular from the mining, oil & gas, and steel industry – in administrative proceedings aimed at obtaining the authorizations and the environmental permits, and in the litigations pertaining to these proceedings.
STOICA & Associates lawyers have extensive experience in administrative procedures for obtaining all environmental approvals and permits, as well as an extensive expertise in litigations deriving from these procedures.
- Assisting and representing of a local administrative structure in disputes having as as object the annulment of all administrative acts issued by the client for the construction of an ecological landfill
- Advised one of the largest waste disposal businesses in CEE with respect to the divestiture of its Romanian subsidiary
- Representing and assisting one of the biggest concrete manufacturer in Romania in a litigation against the National Agency for Environment Protection regarding the indemnification of the client, amounting to over EUR 13 mil., for the occurred damage, as a result of the information theft of CO2 certificates that were deposited in the National Registry of Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Assisting and representing a major player in steel industry and a local public energy company in connection with challenging some local pollution charges
- Legal assistance to an aluminium producer in negotiating take-or-pay power contracts concluded with public energy companies
- Legal assistance to a steel producer in securing the allocation of CO2 certificates
- Legal assistance provided to an energy company in structuring the project of a cogeneration plant