/ Practice areas
STOICA & Asociații provides assistance and representation of companies – in particular from the mining, oil & gas, and steel industry – in administrative proceedings aimed at obtaining the authorizations and the environmental permits, and in the litigations pertaining to these proceedings.
STOICA & Associates lawyers have extensive experience in administrative procedures for obtaining all environmental approvals and permits, as well as an extensive expertise in litigations deriving from these procedures.
- Assisting and representing of a local administrative structure in disputes having as as object the annulment of all administrative acts issued by the client for the construction of an ecological landfill
- Advised one of the largest waste disposal businesses in CEE with respect to the divestiture of its Romanian subsidiary
- Representing and assisting one of the biggest concrete manufacturer in Romania in a litigation against the National Agency for Environment Protection regarding the indemnification of the client, amounting to over EUR 13 mil., for the occurred damage, as a result of the information theft of CO2 certificates that were deposited in the National Registry of Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Assisting and representing a major player in steel industry and a local public energy company in connection with challenging some local pollution charges
- Legal assistance to an aluminium producer in negotiating take-or-pay power contracts concluded with public energy companies
- Legal assistance to a steel producer in securing the allocation of CO2 certificates
- Legal assistance provided to an energy company in structuring the project of a cogeneration plant
Legal 500, 2021 edition
STOICA & Asociații – Attorneys at Law has a top-notch reputation for civil and administrative litigation as well as international arbitration. The firm's varied client base, including public and private sector clients of all sizes, means its lawyers have strong expertise across a range of dispute types and sectors.
STOICA & Asociații offers to the clients advisory, assistance and representation services in litigations in the following practice areas and economic sectors:
Chambers Europe, 2021 edition
Well-regarded dispute resolution practice representing both domestic and international clients in criminal and civil litigation, as well as arbitration. Experienced in handling contentious cases from a variety of sectors, including construction, telecoms, pharmaceutical and financial services.