/ Lawyers / Senior Partners
Professional and academic experience
- 2012 – present: Lawyer, STOICA & Asociații;
- 2008 – present: Coordinator, section regarding ECHR case law, www.juridice.ro;
- 2008 – 2010: Founder and member of the Scientifical Council of the publications „Revista Română de Proprietate Intelectuală”, “Buletinul CEDO”;
- 2007 – 2009: Human rights consultant, JURISTRAS Project, European Union;
- 2005 – 2006: Legal Adviser, Registry of the European Court of Human Rights, Strasbourg, France;
- 2003 – 2004: Senior counsel, Government’s Agent at ECHR, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bucharest, Romania;
- 2007 - 2012: Lawyer;
- 1999 – 2005: Judge;
- 1999 – 2005: Lecturer, Faculty of Law, Nicolae Titulescu University.
- “Intellectual property law. Industrial property law. Trademarks and geographical indications”, in collaboration with Viorel Roş, Octavia Spineanu-Matei (All Beck, 2003);
- „Intellectual property law and other rights”, in collaboration with Viorel Ros, Octavia Spineanu-Matei (C.H.Beck, 2005), which received the award “Yolanda Eminescu” granted by the Union of Jurists from Romania and the “Titu Maiorescu Association”;
- “Preventive arrest and detaining in ECHR case law” (1st edition, Hamangiu, 2008, 2nd edition, Rosetti Educational, 2011);
- “Right and fundamental liberties in ECHR case law”, in collaboration with Mihai Selegean (All Beck, 2005);
- “Equitable civil trial in ECHR case law”, 2nd volume, “Stricto sensu equity” (Rosetti Educational, 2011);
- “The European Court of Human Rights Implementing Strasbourg’s Judgments on Domestic Policy, (chapter IV, “Embracing and contesting the Court in the post-communist context: government responses and policy change in Romania”), in cooperation with Alina-Mungiu Pippidi (Edinburgh University Press, 2013).
- Faculty of Law, Craiova University, 1998;
- National Institute for Magistrature, 1999;
- Training, National School for Magistrature, Bordeaux, France;
- National Institute for Magistrature, Ottawa, Canada;
- Training, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva, Switzerland.
- English, French and German.
Affiliations and recommendations
- Member of Bucharest Bar since 2007;
- Leading individual: Legal 500;
- Recommended individual: WTR 1000 and IAM Patent 1000.
Dragoş Bogdan enjoys a wealth of experience acquired as a judge or as a civil servant and in various academic projects.
Dragoş Bogdan assisted and represented Romanian and foreign clients in numerous IP dispute resolution cases (trademarks, patents, industrial designs and models, unfair competition or intellectual property rights), competition law litigations, administrative and fiscal law litigations (especially in the pharmaceutical industry) and in the procedures set out in the European Convention on Human Rights.
Dragoş Bogdan participated in advisory projects and in the negotiation of civil and commercial contracts.
- Civil Law
- Intellectual Property
- Domestic & International Arbitration
- Enforcement proceedings
- Administrative, Tax Law & Constitutional Contentious Matters
- Competition Law & State Aid
- Human rights. ECHR procedures
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Media & Telecommunications
- Pharmaceutical Industry