/ Lawyers / Founding Partners
- Doctor Honoris Causa Legum Scientiae, Universitatea de Vest from Timişoara;
- University Professor, Faculty of Law, Bucharest University, Civil law department;
- PhD, Magna cum laude, Faculty of Law, Bucharest University, 1997.
Professional and academic experience
- 1995-present: Founding Partner, STOICA & Asociații;
- 1998-present: University Professor, Faculty of Law, Bucharest University, Civil law department;
- 1997-2003: Member of the Romanian Parliament (Chamber of Deputies);
- 1993-2004: Arbitrator (International and domestic commercial arbitration), The Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania;
- 1996-2000: Minister of Justice;
- 1991-1993: Professor and Dean, Romanian National Institute of Magistracy, Bucharest, Romania;
- 1976-1987: Judge
- “Types of annulment of the civil contracts” (All, 2007);
- “Civil law. In rem main rights” (2nd edition, C.H.Beck, 2013). The first edition received in 2010 the award “Traian Ionaşcu” for the best book of the year on civil law matters, granted by the Romanian Civil Law Review in cooperation with the National Union of Enforcement Officers from Romania;
- Author of over 80 articles, studies and professional papers, published in Romanian and abroad.
- Faculty of Law, Bucharest University, 1979;
- PhD., Bucharest University, 1997.
- English and French.
Affiliations and recommendations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar since 1980;
- Dispute resolution – Romania, Eminent Practitioner (Chambers Europe, 2021 edition) and Leading individual (Legal 500, 2021 edition);
- Recommended individual: WTR 1000 (2020 edition) and IAM Patent 1000 (2020 edition).
Valeriu Stoica coordinates the litigation activity of the law firm STOICA & Asociații. Valeriu Stoica has a wealth of experience achieved in legal practice, in central administration, by coordinating or participating in major legislative and institutional projects in connection with the judiciary and the business environment. He represented Romanian and foreign clients, companies or individuals, public institutions or non-profit organisations in civil and commercial cases in front of law courts or international and local arbitration courts.
His extremely diversified experience as a pleading lawyer includes, among other, rendering of assistance and representation in litigations regarding restitution of real estate properties, labour conflicts, litigations in connection with patents and trademarks, press defamation cases, administrative contentious matters, civil liability claims, commercial claims, corporate conflicts. Valeriu Stoica coordinated numerous business projects in real estate, finance & banking, insurance sector and assisted multinational companies in the negotiation of commercial transactions in energy sector.
Chambers Europe, 2021 edition
Valeriu Stoica is a leading figure in the market with an impressive breadth of dispute resolution expertise, spanning consumer protection litigation, pricing disputes, fraud litigation and shareholder disputes. An impressed client describes him as "maybe the best litigator in Romania," adding that "he has a charismatic personality and deep understanding of the legal matters."