„Experienced and respected litigation team assisting clients from the private and public sectors with cases relating to construction, environment and financial services. Possesses considerable experience in cases involving restructuring and insolvency, IP, tax and competition issues. Diverse client roster contains a range of prominent domestic and international companies from the life sciences, telecoms and metals sectors. Also active in international arbitration.”
STOICA & Asociaţii has a wealth of expertise in labour law by providing legal assistance and representation services to local and international companies, diplomatic missions in Romania and natural persons, in relation to employment relationships:
- performing due-diligence appraisals on labour law matters in mergers and acquisition projects;
- negotiating, drafting and registering the labour agreements with competent authorities;
- legal assistance provided to major multinational companies and to embassies in view of harmonizing the labour agreements with the Romanian labour law legislation;
- preparing legal opinions on corporate restructuring and lay-off procedures;
- assisting companies in negotiating collective labour agreements;
- representing companies in conflicts regarding discrimination and harassment, before the labour law courts, the administrative-jurisdictional authorities, and in labour law disputes with regard to the implementation, amendment and termination of employment agreements, contractual and/or contraventional liability pertaining to labour law;
- representing companies in discrimination disputes in front of the National Council for Fighting against Discrimination and in litigations in connection with the termination of labour contracts.
- Representation of multinational companies in discrimination cases in front of the National Council for Fighting against Prevention and before the courts of law;
- Representation of local and foreign companies in labour conflicts related to the dismissal of employees for disciplinary reasons, for reasons that do not pertain to the employee and in labour issues in connection with redundancy measures, including collective dismissals;
- Assistance for multinational company and embassies in Romania regarding the harmonization of standard employment with the Romanian Labour Code and in connection with the drafting of the internal regulation and/or the collective labour law contracts at the company’s level;
- Assistance and representation of multinational companies in front of administrative and judicial authorities in administrative disputes regarding contraventional and/or criminal liability of the employers.