„Experienced and respected litigation team assisting clients from the private and public sectors with cases relating to construction, environment and financial services. Possesses considerable experience in cases involving restructuring and insolvency, IP, tax and competition issues. Diverse client roster contains a range of prominent domestic and international companies from the life sciences, telecoms and metals sectors. Also active in international arbitration.”
STOICA & Asociaţii provides assistance and representation of companies – in particular from the mining, oil & gas, and steel industry – in administrative proceedings aimed at obtaining the authorizations and the environmental permits, and in the litigations pertaining to these proceedings.
Relevant experience [+]
- Representing and assisting one of the biggest concrete manufacturer in Romania in a litigation against the National Agency for Environment Protection in order to oblige this authority to indemnify the client for the occurred damage (amounting to over Eur 13 mil.) as a result of the information theft of CO2 certificates that were deposited in the National Registry of Greenhouse Gas Emissions;
- Assisting and representing a major player in steel industry and a local public energy company in connection with challenging some local pollution charges;
- Legal assistance to an aluminium producer in negotiating take-or-pay power off-take contracts with public energy companies;
- Legal assistance to an aluminium producer in a financing project in nuclear energy sector, in trading carbon credits;
- Legal assistance to a steel producer in securing the carbon credits allocation.