“STOICA & Asociaţii Attorneys at Law’s main strength lies in representing clients in contentious real estate cases. Cristiana Stoica and Valeriu Stoica head the team, which helped the World Bank Group and ANCPI to assess the current legal, regulatory and institutional framework concerning real property registration in Romania.”
„Experienced and respected litigation team assisting clients from the private and public sectors with cases relating to construction, environment and financial services. Possesses considerable experience in cases involving restructuring and insolvency, IP, tax and competition issues. Diverse client roster contains a range of prominent domestic and international companies from the life sciences, telecoms and metals sectors. Also active in international arbitration.”
The attorneys from STOICA & Asociaţii enjoy an excellent reputation in civil law practice, based on the successful track record they have built in the most complex cases, which is confirmed by the permanent position of the law firm in the top tier of the international legal guides.
STOICA & Asociaţii provides advisory services and assistance and representation both to national or multinational companies, active in various industries, and to individuals.
Real Estate. Cadastre and Land Registration
STOICA & Asociaţii provides legal assistance to companies and individuals in a variety of real estate projects – office buildings, residential complexes, industrial buildings – by performing due-diligence analysis, by negotiating, drafting and reviewing the legal, urbanism, cadastre and land book related documents, necessary for finalizing the transactions, such as FIDIC contracts, sale, superficies, usufruct, land lease, contractor, lease agreements.
STOICA & Asociaţii provides assistance and representation in the litigations arising from the above-mentioned projects, as well as in litigations with regard to the restitution of confiscated real estate properties.
Moreover, STOICA & Asociaţii provides legal assistance with regard to immovable property publicity and land book matters, in front of the cadastre and land book offices and the courts of law.
STOICA & Asociaţii have achieved an extensive experience by rendering advisory, assistance and representation services to natural persons:
- in all types of family related cases: legal proceedings and amiable settlement (mediation), i.e divorce, parental authority, matrimonial regimes (prenuptial agreements, partition of assets), filiation;
- in complex, cross-border cases: divorce, adoption, international child abduction.
STOICA & Asociaţii advises clients – companies, financial institutions, public authorities – with regard to the negotiating, drafting and amending of all types of contracts concluded in their activity: sale contracts, lease, loan, distribution, mandate, contractor, pledge, commission, deposit, expedition, supply, donation, sponsorship, leasing, joint-venture, insurance, agency, and publicity contracts.
STOICA & Asociaţii’s lawyers provide legal assistance and representation in front of all courts of law or arbitral courts, as well as before the competent administrative authorities in cases related to the conclusion and implementation of such contracts.
STOICA & Asociaţii provides legal assistance in notarial and judicial proceedings to the clients, individuals and/or legal entities, as creditors, in matters involving the determination of inheritance rights and the partition of assets.
The lawyers from STOICA & Asociaţii render assistance and representation in front of all courts of law, but also before the competent administrative authorities, in tort matters arising from malpractice, traffic accidents, work-related accidents, criminal offences, etc.
STOICA & Asociaţii provides legal assistance in connection with creating of security interests over personal property or real estate and with fulfilling of the legal formalities with regard to the publicity and enforcement of such securities.
Private International Law
The lawyers from STOICA & Asociaţii specialized in this area of practice assist the individual and corporate clients in cases involving private law relationships having a cross-border element:
- establishing the competent court to settle cross-border disputes;
- establishing the governing law;
- recognizing and enforcing in Romania the foreign courts’ rules and the arbitral awards, as well as recognizing and enforcing in the EU Member States the decisions issued by the Romanian courts.
- Assisting a major international financial institution and the National Agency for Cadastre and Land Registration with the review and analysis of the Romanian real property registration system;
- Assisting and representing of numerous natural persons – in their quality as inheritors – regarding the restitution in kind of many real estate properties;
- Representing and assisting one of the most important FMGC companies in a litigation regarding damage claims of Euro 3 mil. deriving from a distribution contract;
- Representing the biggest distributor of stainless steel products in Romania in connection with the annulment of a real estate title over a land;
- Representing major Romanian telecom company in connection with claiming of a property right of a land plot located in Bucharest;
- Assistance in drafting and conclusion of the security interest agreements concerning various real estate properties;
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts related to property right over shopping centers;
- Assisting and representing the water and sewerage service provider in Bucharest in litigations concerning the public property right over some land plots on which the water network of Bucharest is placed;
- Assisting and representing a major local bank in litigations initiated by the landlord regarding a lease agreement;
- Assisting and representing a key steel producer in the transaction of some litigation cases in connection with compensation claims following the termination of various commercial contracts concluded in the privatization process;
- Representing an important company active in the field of veterinary science research in connection with litigation proceedings arisen from a pre-sale-purchase-agreement concerning plots of land located in Bucharest.