„Experienced and respected litigation team assisting clients from the private and public sectors with cases relating to construction, environment and financial services. Possesses considerable experience in cases involving restructuring and insolvency, IP, tax and competition issues. Diverse client roster contains a range of prominent domestic and international companies from the life sciences, telecoms and metals sectors. Also active in international arbitration.”
The lawyers from STOICA & Asociaţii provide legal assistance and representation to corporate clients – especially to local and foreign commercial and investment banks, international financial institutions, non-banking financial institutions, insurance companies, investment funds – with regard to complex legal matters, requiring a multi-disciplinary approach:
- structuring complex projects: mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures, privatisations, NPL’s restructuring, transactions with credit portfolios, credit recovery, loans and other credit facilities;
- performing day-to-day operations: factoring, forfeiting, hedging agreements, transactions with derivatives.
STOICA & Asociaţii provides legal advice in all aspects pertaining to capital markets:
- performing the procedures and drafting the documents in connection with the listing/delisting of companies to/from the Bucharest Stock Exchange;
- capital markets operations: setting up and performing IPOs, bond issuance, operations with derivatives;
- acquisition projects performed through capital markets.
Relevant experience [+]
- Advising and delivering legal opinions to various major local banks in connection to a series of collective action claims initiated by the banks’ clients with regard to challenging of alleged abusive clauses contained in the credit contracts;
- Assisting and representing the biggest Romanian bank in connection with a series of litigations generated by the revoking of a general director from his management position. The director had previously occupied this position in another bank that merged with the client’s business;
- Assisting and representing a major Romanian retirement fund in a dispute against the Romania’s Financial Supervisory Authority with regard to a fine applied in connection with an alleged violation of the law regulating the retirement funds;
- Advising an international financial institution in connection with the granting of a Eur 56 mil. syndicated loan to a Romanian distributor of construction materials;
- Advising an international financial institution in connection with the granting of a US$ 30 mil. loan to a Romanian non-banking institution;
- Advised as external independent counsel a major Romanian bank in connection with finance transactions concluded with the Council of Europe Development Bank and European Investment Bank, respectively;
- Advising a major regional bank in conjunction with a refinancing transaction involving an Austrian-based group of companies, including with respect to issues such as: cross-stream corporate guarantees and enforcement of security interests in shares of the Romanian affiliate;
- Advising a major international bank in connection with its broad assessment of relevant requirements in Romanian laws and market practices concerning the validity, binding nature and enforceability in Romania of international finance arrangements concluded by the client with Romanian-based customers;
- Advising an important bank in connection with the establishment of its subsidiary in Bulgaria and relevant assistance provided to this bank in connection therewith;
- Advising the second largest Romanian bank with respect to the assessment of alternatives and strategy concerning the enforcing outside the country of its claims against various debtors;
- Advising an international investment bank as lead manager in the tentative secondary public offer of the biggest oil & gas producer in Romania;
- Advising two major international banks in relation with a EUR 150 mil. 4-year maturity bond issue created by a State-owned company acting in the energy field.