„Experienced and respected litigation team assisting clients from the private and public sectors with cases relating to construction, environment and financial services. Possesses considerable experience in cases involving restructuring and insolvency, IP, tax and competition issues. Diverse client roster contains a range of prominent domestic and international companies from the life sciences, telecoms and metals sectors. Also active in international arbitration.”
The lawyers from STOICA & Asociaţii provide assistance and representation to large and medium-sized companies, State- or privately-owned businesses operating in all economic sectors – industry, retail, financial services, energy and natural resources – in relationship to structuring of transactions from a fiscal perspective, providing operational tax advice, undertaking tax due-diligence appraisals, fiscal disputes with the competent authorities, and any other administrative-fiscal matter.
The expertise of STOICA & Asociaţii is attested by the complex cases successfully finalized in court or before public authorities, in matters relating to corporate tax, value-added tax, excise duties or any other contributions to the State budget, or in respect of tax investigations.
Relevant experience [+]
- Assisting and representing in court of a subsidiary of a multinational company regarding custom duties;
- Assisting and representing in front of public authorities of a multinational telecom company regarding custom duties;
- Assisting and representing in court and in front of public authority of multinational companies for the excise duties requested by the authorities for the importation of certain goods;
- Advising multinational companies, with legal issues regarding income taxes, social contributions, implementation of double tax treaties in Romania, corporate tax matters, import-export duties etc.;
- Representing various companies and financial institutions in litigations against public authorities with regard to profit tax, value added tax, fiscal investigations;
- Assisting and representing in court and in front of the public administrations of major oil & gas companies for the excise duties requested by the authorities for the importation of certain goods;
- Representing a German company in connection with a dispute concerning the interpretation of clauses in an association agreement, from a fiscal point of view;
- Assistance and representation to foreign companies acting in Romania or for their Romanian branches and subsidiary in State claims for taxes imposed by Double Tax Treaties and for the implementation of OECD tax models.