„Experienced and respected litigation team assisting clients from the private and public sectors with cases relating to construction, environment and financial services. Possesses considerable experience in cases involving restructuring and insolvency, IP, tax and competition issues. Diverse client roster contains a range of prominent domestic and international companies from the life sciences, telecoms and metals sectors. Also active in international arbitration.”
STOICA & Asociaţii has an excellent reputation in domestic and international arbitration procedures.
The lawyers from STOICA & Asociaţii provide legal assistance and representation to an impressive number of clients, national and multinational companies active in various economic sectors – industry, retail, financial services, pharmaceutical industry, energy and natural resources, etc. – in domestic arbitration cases settled by the Arbitration Court attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania or the Arbitration Chamber of the Bucharest Stock Exchange or in international arbitration procedures performed in English or French, in accordance with ICC, UNCITRAL or ICSID rules.
Moreover, the lawyers from STOICA & Asociaţii provide assistance in front of the courts in connection with the annulment of arbitral awards or in matters regarding the recognition or enforcement of foreign arbitral awards.
Relevant experience [+]
- Assisting and representing a major Romanian energy producer before ICC Paris in an international arbitration related to the obligations undertaken during the privatization process of a Romanian energy company. STOICA & Asociaţii obtained the rejection by the Constitutional Court of Romania of the plea of unconstitutionality raised by the counterparty in connection with various laws providing the extension of the deadline in which the employees of the privatized companies could buy stocks up to 10% of the share capital of such companies;
- Delivering a legal expert opinion for a global supplier of electro-mechanical systems and services for hydropower plants in connection with the possibility of applying the Romanian insolvency procedure’s rules in an international arbitration;
- Assisting and representing a real estate developer in various domestic arbitrations against tenants;
- Assisting and representing of an important real estate developer in domestic and international arbitrations in connection with the non-performance of lease contracts;
- Assisting and representing a major Romanian national company in front of ICC Paris in an arbitration regarding the non-implementation of an electronic system for the handling of fiscal data;
- Assisting and representing an important real estate company in an international commercial arbitration under ICC rules in real estate litigation amounting to approx. 25 mil. Euro in connection with the association contract for the development of an important real estate project in Bucharest;
- Assisting and representing several companies from the steel, food & beverage and the light industry in international arbitrations in connection with the liability/performing of obligations from the privatisation contracts;
- Assisting and representing several local and foreign clients in domestic arbitrations with regard to constructions (FIDIC), medical services, media, pharmaceutical industry etc.L=;
- Assisting and representing an Italian construction company in litigation proceedings related to the annulment of an ICC arbitral award favourable to the client.