Professional and academic experience[+]
- 2012 – present: lawyer, STOICA & Asociaţii;
- 2008 – present: Coordinator, section regarding the ECHR case law, www.juridice.ro;
- 2008 – 2010: Founder and member of the Scientifical Council of the publications „Revista Română de Proprietate Intelectuală”, “Buletinul CEDO”;
- 2007 – 2009: Human rights consultant, JURISTRAS Project, European Union;
- 2003 – 2004: Senior counsel, Government’s Agent for Human Rights, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bucharest, Romania;
- 1999 – 2005: Judge;
- 1999 – 2005: Lecturer, Faculty of Law, Nicolae Titulescu University.
- “Intellectual property law. Industrial property law. Trademarks and geographical indications”, in collaboration with Viorel Roş, Octavia Spineanu-Matei (All Beck, 2003);
- „Intellectual property law and other rights”, in collaboration with Viorel Ros, Octavia Spineanu-Matei (C.H.Beck, 2005), which received the award “Yolanda Eminescu” granted by the Union of Jurists from Romania and the “Titu Maiorescu Association”;
- “Preventive arrest and detaining in ECHR case law” (1st edition, Hamangiu, 2008, 2nd edition, Rosetti Educational, 2011);
- “Right and fundamental liberties in ECHR case law”, in collaboration with Mihai Selegean (All Beck, 2005);
- “Equitable civil trial in ECHR case law”, 2nd volume, “Stricto sensu equity” (Rosetti Educational, 2011);
- “The European Court of Human Rights Implementing Strasbourg’s Judgments on Domestic Policy, (chapter IV, “Embracing and contesting the Court in the post-communist context: government responses and policy change in Romania”), in cooperation with Alina-Mungiu Pippidi (Edinburgh University Press, 2013).
- Faculty of Law, Craiova University, 1998;
- National Institute for Magistrature, 1999;
- Training, National School for Magistrature, Bordeaux, France;
- National Institute for Magistrature, Ottawa, Canada;
- Training, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva, Switzerland.
- English, French and German.
Affiliations and recommendations[+]
- Member of Bucharest Bar since 2007;
- WTR 1000, 2017:
“The firm has built a tremendous reputation on account of its large phalanx of heavyweight IP litigators, who pen transparent briefs and plead with eloquence. The most renowned of these is former judge Dragoş Bogdan, who really comes into his own in fraught pharmaceutical matters and has useful complementary knowledge of competition law.”
- IAM Patent 1000, 2016 edition:
“Former judge Dragoş Bogdan provides incisive assistance to IP litigants, coupling outstanding procedural nous with deep knowledge of domestic and European case law.”
- Managing Intellectual Property (IP Stars 2017):
“Trade mark star, Patent star”
Dragoş Bogdan enjoys a wealth of experience acquired as a judge or as a civil servant and in various academic projects.
Dragoş Bogdan assisted and represented Romanian and foreign clients in numerous IP dispute resolution cases (trademarks, patents, industrial designs and models, unfair competition or intellectual property rights), competition law litigations, administrative and fiscal law litigations (especially in the pharmaceutical industry) and in the procedures set out in the European Convention on Human Rights.
Dragoş Bogdan participated in advisory projects and in the negotiation of civil and commercial contracts.
“Full-service law firm STOICA & Asociaţii is recommended for contentious soft IP work. It is one of the firms in this jurisdiction that is traditionally known to be strong in litigation. Former judge Dragoş Bogdan is in charge of its IP department. He is supported by a large team of junior lawyers.”
“Leading law firm STOICA & Asociatii commands the respect of rivals in patent litigation and IP transactions in Romania. Its IP department is led by Dragos Bogdan and veteran litigator Valeriu Stoica. In IP matters both senior practitioners are supported by a team of junior lawyers, including Irina Andreea Micu and Mihai Stanescu. “We see them in pharma litigation. Dragos is quite brilliant.”
„One of the best Romanian law firms generally, STOICA & Asociaţii has a particularly robust patent group. With its versatile capabilities, it can make light work of every mandate under the sun, from the drafting of intricate patent applications to the smooth negotiation of IP-rich deals. Dragoş Bogdan is intimately familiar with both domestic and foreign legal procedures. A former judge, he is an extremely experienced and insightful professional, especially when it comes to litigation. Managing partner Valeriu Stoica has “a fantastic track record in patent contentious cases.”
IAM Patent 1000, ediția 2017
„ Contentious powerhouse STOICA & Asociatii emerges victorious from Romanian courtrooms with striking consistency. The firm has built a tremendous reputation on account of its large phalanx of heavyweight IP litigators, who pen transparent briefs and plead with eloquence. The most renowned of these is former judge Dragoş Bogdan, who really comes into his own in fraught pharmaceutical matters and has useful complementary knowledge of competition law.”
At the end of December 2020, the publishing house Wolters Kluwer Romania published the “Guide for the use of the Rules of Arbitration Procedure” of the International Commercial Arbitration Court attached to the Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Cristiana I. Stoica, partner at STOICA & Asociații, member of the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris and arbitrator at CICA CCIR, is co-author of the Guide, together with Stefan Deaconu, Bazil Oglindă, Cornel Popa, Sorina Olaru, Claudiu Dinu, Marian Nicolae, Florian Nițu, Ioan Schiau and Cosmin Vasile.
The paper is extremely useful to the practitioners in the field of arbitration organized by CICA-CCIR, offering them a tool not only theoretical, but especially practical, regarding the application of the rules of the mentioned arbitration institution.
Societatea Civilă de Avocați STOICA & Asociații sărbătorește luna aceasta 25 ani de la înființare, eveniment celebrat, în mod tradițional, în prima săptămână a lunii noiembrie, la hotelul Athénée Palace Hilton. Din motive de siguranță sanitară și în conformitate cu măsurile în vigoare, anul acesta s-a renunțat la organizarea evenimentului aniversar.