- Doctor Honoris Causa Legum Scientiae, title awarded by the West University from Timişoara
- University Professor, Faculty of Law, Bucharest University, Civil law department;
- PhD, Magna cum laude, Faculty of Law, Bucharest University, 1997.
Professional and academic experience[+]
- 1995-present: Founding Partner, STOICA & Asociaţii;
- 1998-present: University Professor, Faculty of Law, Bucharest University, Civil law department;
- 1997-2003: Member of the Romanian Parliament (Chamber of Deputies);
- 1993-2004: Arbitrator (International and domestic commercial arbitration), The Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania;
- 1996-2000: Minister of Justice;
- 1991-1993: Professor and Dean, Romanian National Institute of Magistracy, Bucharest, Romania;
- 1976-1987: Judge
- “Types of annulment of the civil contracts” (All, 2007);
- “Civil law. In rem main rights” (2nd edition, C.H.Beck, 2013). The first edition received in 2010 the award “Traian Ionaşcu” for the best book of the year on civil law matters, granted by the Romanian Civil Law Review in cooperation with the National Union of Enforcement Officers from Romania;
- Author of over 80 articles, studies and professional papers, published in Romanian and abroad.
- Faculty of Law, Bucharest University, 1979;
- PhD., Bucharest University, 1997.
- English and French.
Affiliations and recommendations[+]
- Member of the Bucharest Bar since 1980
- Dispute resolution – Romania, Eminent Practitioner (Chambers Europe, 2017);
- Dispute resolution – Romania, Leading individual (Legal 500, 2017).
Valeriu Stoica coordinates the litigation activity of the law firm STOICA & Asociaţii. Valeriu Stoica has a wealth of experience achieved in legal practice, in central administration, by coordinating or participating in major legislative and institutional projects in connection with the judiciary and the business environment. He represented Romanian and foreign clients, companies or individuals, public institutions or non-profit organisations in civil and commercial cases in front of law courts or international and local arbitration courts.
His extremely diversified experience as a pleading lawyer includes, among other, rendering of assistance and representation in litigations regarding restitution of real estate properties, labour conflicts, litigations in connection with patents and trademarks, press defamation cases, administrative contentious matters, civil liability claims, commercial claims, corporate conflicts. Valeriu Stoica coordinated numerous business projects in real estate, finance & banking, insurance sector and assisted multinational companies in the negotiation of commercial transactions in energy sector.
Societatea Civilă de Avocați STOICA & Asociații sărbătorește luna aceasta 25 ani de la înființare, eveniment celebrat, în mod tradițional, în prima săptămână a lunii noiembrie, la hotelul Athénée Palace Hilton. Din motive de siguranță sanitară și în conformitate cu măsurile în vigoare, anul acesta s-a renunțat la organizarea evenimentului aniversar.
About the legitimate suspicion as a reason for relocation and the reserve obligation of the judges in the hypothesis of complex litigious situations, in the article signed by Valeriu Stoica – Founding Partner and Cătălina Dicu – Senior Partner. Details here.
Valeriu Stoica, Founding Partner, discussed in a video interview with Hotnews.ro about the restriction of rights and freedoms during the state of emergency, the digitization of Romania and the future of the economy, after the end of the crisis generated by the Covid-19 pandemic. Details here.
On November 1, at the Biannual International Conference, Valeriu STOICA, University Professor at the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest and Founding Partner of the STOICA & Associates Bar Association, received the title of Doctor Honoris Causa granted by the Law School of the University from Craiova.